Building dynamic websites the FUN way!
- UNLIMITED sites on ANY Windows Host (NO per site license!)
- Discover the best CMS ever developed in classic ASP (no dll's to install)
- Run your site on IIS 5,6,7 and 8!
- Download 1000+ templates to get started
- Give your classic ASP scripts and skills a bright FUTURE!
I have put together a pre-release of QuickerSite 4. The final QS4 is scheduled for May 2013. The main new feature to look into (and to test-drive) is compatibility with templates made with JSTemplates.com, our in-house developed online template builder. You can download QuickerSite 4 in the download section.
We currently develop and test-drive our brand new online template generator: JStemplates.com. The next release of QuickerSite will be compatible with the templates exported by JStemplates.com. This website and most QuickerSites we host already work fine for them! All it takes is upload the exported zip file in the QuickerSite backsite. Check out the video below! The release of QuickerSite 4 is scheduled for May 2013.
QuickerSite v33 is available for download.
QuickerSite v3.3 release notes
Every time I release a new version of QuickerSite, it feels like it’s the end of a long process. It’s not different this time. However, there are - as usual - no urgent reasons to upgrade earlier versions. If your site ain’t broken, don’t fix it.
However, if you like some of the new features described below, you may want to schedule an upgrade. I will post upgrade instructions in the download section pretty soon.
New features and enhancements in QuickerSite v33:
The only brand new module in v33 relates to cookie warnings. For quite a while, websites hosted in and by European ISP’s must inform visitors about whether and which cookies are used on a website. QuickerSite now ships with a ready-made solution that makes your site comply to this EU-law. For US customers, who don’t care about cookie warnings, this module can also be turned into an additional eye catcher.
Websites that have user friendly urls enabled, can now use a very powerful caching system. It reduces the page processing time to somewhere between 0 and 30 milliseconds. I am using this caching for most of my websites. Also for www.quickersite.com. However, there are MANY conditions before a cached version of a page is shown. Most bots and crawlers see a cached version of the site. Registered site-users never will.
I introduce a new colorpicker and a new datepicker for QuickerSite. Nothing special, but they are way better than the ones we used so far. They were outdated in a way.
I have upgraded CKEditor to v366. This is a stable release. I am not yet looking into CKEditor 4. That is for a future release of QuickerSite. I have also changed the way copy/paste from Word files works. For many years, I have set the editor to force pasting as plain text. But I’ve changed my mind about it. If people like to copy/paste from Word and keep some of the markup, so be it.
I have upgraded the Colorbox JQuery plugin to its latest stable release, fixing some issues (in iPads for instance)
JQuery-version is now 1.8.3. That is not the current release, but this release has lived for 6 months, and this makes it a very reliable release I assume. JQuery 1.9.0 is too new to include it. I expect too many fixes for JQuery 1.9.X in the coming weeks/months.
- Apart from the things above, I have fixed some issues, and there are some cosmetical changes. Nothing to worry about, and nothing to get excited about.
QuickerSite v32 is released! Proceed to the download section.
- Import Artisteer 4 (zipped) Website Templates
- On-site documentation for manually converting Artisteer 4 templates
- Forum-avatars can now be of the type JPG or GIF
- Forum-uploads file size limit is now 7MB
- QS adopts another free ZIP component to be used when unzipping files. (it is not necessary to install it - when not installed, QuickerSite will automatically use a remote zipping service on QuickerSite.com)
- CKEditor upgraded to 364 (fixing a bug with Chrome)
- JQuery v1.8.2 is now used
- Various enhancements and minor bug fixes
The most exciting new features though, relate to Artisteer 4:
- Responsive Design, which can be switched off from Export -> Options. This alone is worth the price of admission
- Google Fonts
- Search Box and Shapes in header
- Lightbox for images
- Shadows and other properties for titles
- jquery slideshows
- Better content editing, that we can use for Quickersite